God is great, yeah! :)

long, long time ago, i used to think that there were loads of times where i could have gone wrong in life at some point.

what if i hadn’t met my best friend? how can i guarantee that i won’t mix with the wrong sort of people if it wasn’t for her constantly watching out for me?

what if my parents were so busy that they can’t make any free time to spend with their kids? would i be as attached to my family as i am now?

what if i was born filthy rich? would i be able to keep my head low and my feet firmly on the ground?

what if i have an attractive face, a charming personality or a healthy and lean body? would i be modest (heh!) as i am now?

i still think this way now as well. whenever i thought about my memorable past, my interesting present life and my much awaited wonderful future, i am eternally thankful to Allah, the Most Glorious. there were so many stages or points in my life in which i could have easily chosen the wrong path and make the biggest mistake of all the many big mistakes. but, somehow, i didn’t. well, maybe some minor late rebel stuff but it’s only to spice up your life, mum and dad. i know you guys like some challenges, right? :P

lately i’ve been thinking that if Allah didn’t want to help you, He most definitely would not help you. However, since He is the Most Kind and Most Generous, He’d always be there for you when you need Him the most, even though you barely remember Him at all.

take today for example.

it was my turn to cook for the famished beasts (read= beloved housemates) of A202. i decided to cook chicken curry which requires the coconut milk as one of its main ingredient and eggplant with ‘sambal’ where the ‘sambal’ needs blended mix of onions and garlic. just my luck, the very last drop of instant coconut milk of our household was rotten and the mixed onions & garlic were already used up yesterday so I had to blenderized everything from the scratch in order to cook what i wanted. while i was grudgingly preparing the ingredients, i realized with horror that i had confidently and arrogantly thought of cooking the meals in a mere 15 minutes but ended up needing an hour to complete the dinner for the girls. oh, how arrogant of me!

now let’s compare with events that happened yesterday evening where i have to see a certain someone in order to get a certificate that will enable me to sit for my driver’s license test tomorrow. i was supposed to see the person-in-charge weeks ago but never got around to do it. i spent the whole morning yesterday feeling terrified at the prospect of not being able to finish this business with him as there was a high possibility of missing him since it could be that he’s not in his office at the time that i went to see him or he had forgotten to print out the important certificate that i desperately need. plenty of chances of that happening, let me tell you. and yet, to my utmost surprise, i received the certificate safe and sound, just right on time. yay!

so yeah, just put your faith in Him and He’ll do the rest.

0 blue love received: